They’re a mix of practical tips on proofreading (#1), punctuation (#2), white papers (#3), writing (#4, #5, #7, #8, #9), marketing (#6), and blogging (#10).
I’m only listing one Mistake Monday post, although more were among the most viewed. Thank you, readers! However, one Mistake Monday post is much like the others, so I’ll only list one per quarter. Check out my Mistake Monday posts if you’d like to improve your proofreading skills!
White papers (#3) were the focus of my meatiest popular post. Many challenges prevent financial professionals from creating compelling white papers. In this post I describe some of the challenges and how to overcome them.
The popular post in the #2 slot proves that popularity isn’t the only thing that matters for your blog. I imagine that the traffic came from people doing online searches for “U.S. or US for United States?” I imagine that few of those people are likely to become my clients—or even to be interested in many of the other posts on my blog.
My posts that attracted the most views during 2018’s first quarter
- MISTAKE MONDAY for Feb. 19: Can YOU spot what’s wrong?
- Abbreviation: U.S. or US for United States?
- The compelling investment white paper that wasn’t
- What if your article has 5 points, but 1 is a digression?
- Avoid long introductory clauses, or lose readers
- Marketing wealth management to women with Charlotte Beyer
- 7 tips to help you write more and be a better person
- Write your book on multiple devices
- 7 factors that affect reading ease
- Financial blog topic: write a letter