Can you recommend sources of market commentary with wit and wisdom? This request from a reader inspired me to ask my social media colleagues for suggestions.
Personally, I enjoy Off the Charts by Floyd Norris in The New York Times. If you’re a longtime reader of this blog, this may not surprise you. I’ve written several blog posts in praise of his writing skill, including “Plain English can bring your financial topic to life.”
Below you’ll find a list of other people’s suggestions. I credit the source in brackets when they gave me permission to name them. Some of the commentaries were recommended by their writers or someone working for their firm.
Still looking for more ideas? Check out the commentaries at Advisor Perspectives. To see what others like, click on the link to the most popular commentaries.
Your suggestions for witty and wise commentary
- Avalon’s Market Week by Avalon Asset Management
- Breakfast with Dave by Dave Rosenberg at Gluskin Sheff
- Bridgewater Daily Observations by Bridgewater Associates, LP
- Dr. Ed’s Blog by Yardeni Research, Inc.[–Thank you, Sandra Cohan!]
- Economic Commentary by Laufenberg Quarterly [–Thank you, David Lufkin!]
- First Trust Economics Blog by First Trust [–Thank you, Pat Allen!]
- Investment Outlook by PIMCO [–Thank you, James McDonald!]
- Managed Futures by Attain Capital Management[–Thank you, Diane Harrison!]
- Marketmail by Navellier [–Thank you, James McDonald!]
- Market Perspectives by CIO Scott Minerd of Guggenheim [–Thank you, Pat Allen!]
- Memo from Our Chairman, Howard Marks by Oaktree [–Thank you, Michael Kitces!]
- MFS Weekly Commentary by MFS
- Profentia by Alfstad Capital
- Research Puzzle by tjb research [–Thank you, Becker Consulting Services!]
- StreetSmartPost by Asset Management Research Corp.[–Thank you, Jeff Somer!]
- Weekly Economic Insights by Principal Global Investors [–Thank you, Jenny Herring!]
- Weekly Investment Commentary by BlackRock [–Thank you, Jeff Somer!]
- Weekly Market Comment by Hussman Funds
Did we miss any great sources of market commentary?
Please mention any other great market commentaries in the comments below.
Thank you very much, all of you who so generously contributed to this list.
Image courtesy of Keattikorn/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net