Old vs. young for your blog
Looking for a new angle on a classic investment or financial topic? Try the following suggestion from Ray Peter Clark’s Help! for Writers:
Interview the oldest person you know, and the youngest.
I can imagine a nonagenarian and a child would have very different perspectives about topics such as “Why save money?” or “What should you spend money on?”
You might use your interview results in different ways.
- Select quotes to enliven your article.
- Use a quote or opinion as your article’s starting point.
- Tell your interviewee’s story to make a point.
- Generalize about the wisdom of youth or old age.
- Compare and contrast the positions of young and old.
- Point out the weaknesses in an opinion
Have you tried this?
If you’ve used this technique, I’d like to learn about your success with it. Please comment.
Image courtesy of Timeless Photography/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net