https://www.investmentwriting.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NGDBadge.jpg 144 119 Susan Weiner, CFA https://www.investmentwriting.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/investmentwriting_logo_2016.png Susan Weiner, CFA2013-03-04 05:20:312017-09-13 12:24:05Celebrate National Grammar Day with me
Grammar is important. When used properly, it helps us communicate better.
In honor of National Grammar Day, please join me on the Investment Writing Facebook page for Mistake Monday and check out some of my blog posts (see links below) related to grammar, punctuation, and style. Also, click on the National Grammar Day box to see what Grammar Girl is doing for National Grammar Day.
Test your proofreading skills on Mistake Monday
On Monday mornings I post some writing samples that let you test your proofreading skills. Here’s an example from a past Mistake Monday. If you’re reading this blog post on a Monday, mosey over to the Investment Writing Facebook page and join in the fun!
I have a confession to make. Some of the mistakes are my own. Nobody’s perfect. Mistake Monday keeps me on my toes.
Blog posts on grammar, punctuation, style, and other writing challenges
- Are you as compulsive as me or I?
- Fun with Strunk and White: Grammar rap video
- How can I brush up my grammar?
- Poll: What’s your favorite online resource for grammar, punctuation, and word usage questions? You’ll find the poll results on page 3 of this newsletter.
- My five favorite reference books for writers
- Do your grammar and punctuation affect your credibility?
- Should you hyphenate “fixed income”?